Wednesday, May 28, 2014

#YouCanDukan One Month Update: Dukeing It Out With Little Miss Mama

Good Day My Friends,

I write to you today on day 30 and in my books that's a whole month. How am I doing? How am I feeling?

Well friends this week was better, although I am only down a pound I am beyond happy with where I am and I am down TWO sizes in pants and they fit, I am not squeezing myself in either, I am comfortable and can breathe, to be honest they end up being a little too big :)

 

(This has got to be the worst of the worst pictures for me)

Tairalyn and I have come so far from day one and the images speak for themselves, her and I are constantly telling each other how proud we are of one another and cheering each other on! Not to mention our families and friends who cheer us on from the sidelines!  On day one, the weight loss goals seemed so far away and unrealistic but it’s true and it works and #youcandukan too, it’s easy and not as daunting as it may seem. The first step is committing.

Tairalyn and I have been fielding questions left, right and center on the how to’s of this diet, so this week we would like to share our successes and recipes of this diet.  First things first, you first need to go to the original Dukan Diet website to calculate your weight and how much you need to lose. Don’t sign up as Tairalyn and I have been doing the whole diet on our own, with the guidance of her naturopath.

Phase 1: Attack Phase

What does the attack phase consist of you ask? High protein, basically only protein with non-fat milk and dairy, at least 3 liters of water a day to avoid overworking your kidneys and 20 minutes of light exercise a day! Hard yes, can it be done? Yes. Tairalyn and I’s goal weight is to lose 50 pounds and therefore we were on the attack phase for 10 days.

PLAN.PLAN.PLAN. That’s all I can say and my number one advice tip for the attack phase.
Tairalyn and I spent one whole day, literally 12 hours, buying, making and prepping every single meal, even snacks, for our 10 day attack phase. Thanks to Pinterest we were able to come up with some delicious and creative ideas for each meal. (check it out on Pinterest here and here). Out of all the choices available to us we made meatballs for days, burgers to feed a herd, stuffed chicken to feed a family of 20, Thai beef skewers to feed a whole ball team, Mongolian chicken and sesame chicken. We also found some great ‘dessert’ recipes that have helped our sugar cravings; cheesecake cupcakes, yogurt drops and meringues. I honestly believe this is the only thing that is helping me stay successful, because the first thing I do when I am starving is grab something quick and easy and for me it turns into one cheat, then another and then another. So prep all your meals, each and every one!



Phase 2: Cruise Phase

This is the phase that will last the longest, you will be in this phase until you hit your goal weight! It is also estimated that you will lose at least 2 pounds a week, that’s okay by me!

Enter in veggies; you will never be so happy to see vegetables in your whole entire life, I promise, make sure you check out our 
Pinterest page to see what veggies you can and cannot have. Trust me it’s a glorious day when you can pop a cherry tomato in your mouth and hear the sound of carrots crunching in your mouth! Heaven! And you think to yourself, I am going to have salad every day I can, but that gets boring and old quickly so what do you do? What is my number one must do? PLAN.PLAN.PLAN

Yet again, Tairalyn and I got together, planned out our meals for the week and shopped ‘til we dropped.  We found and made some life changing, delicious recipes and realized we can have fat free, sugar free pudding!  PUDDING, really?  Sign me up!  If I could get all my nutrients out of pudding I would eat it all day, but that’s unrealistic, so I limit myself.  Control is key, although you can have unlimited amounts of protein and other items, you still need to limit yourself and be sure you are not overstuffing your stomach, which feels virtually impossible on this diet.


During this phase there are many choices on how you want to alternate days, Tairalyn and I are doing the PP(Pure Protein), PV(Protein & Veg) rotations, alternating each day.  Which makes veggie day’s even more worth it!   Now I must admit I am not much of a cook, being a single gal this is a strike against me, but that is not to say I haven’t picked up a few things while watching my mom for all these years. This diet has taught me how to be creative, improvise and trust my cooking taste and abilities and I have even become creative and made up my own versions of some recipes. 

As promised I’m sharing two of my favorite recipes that Tairalyn and I have searched out, further perfected, and are now sharing with you today. Our Breakfast Treat, designed by none other than Me (I know shocker) a quick and simple morning breakfast that you can make and take on the run. Oh! And did I mention is tastes sinful. The second recipe is our Cauliflower Pizza Crust that is beyond your wildest dreams {assuming you dream of cauliflower like we do}. INSERT MIND BLOWN, you will not believe your taste buds when you taste this delicious, sinful pizza, and flower crusts will be a thing of the past!

HASHTAG HANGOUT :: Tairalyn and I have felt that our health movement calls for a hashtag, so from this day forward you can find us, show up, and keep us afloat with your Dukan Diet journey using the tag #youcandukan; check it out on Instagram now!

 
 
FOLLOW MY JOURNEY, can you see the difference?

A special thank you to my mom who tells me every morning how nice and small my butt is looking and who is cooking to cater to my eating needs!

Have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. You are both so inspiring, I love that you are doing this together too. It always helps to have a workout and weightloss buddy. Congrats on all your hard work, you look great :)

    ReplyDelete